Applications are being accepted for two 2020 BCIA Scholarships!
Are you/ do you know a student attending a BC post-secondary agrology-related program? Apply and/or pass along the information.
To support future agrologists in achieving their career in agrology, the BC Institute of Agrologists will award up to two $1500 scholarships on an annual basis.
2020 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in a degree program of study related to agrology in a recognized British Columbia post-secondary institute
- Undergraduale students have completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate degree program and are full-time
- Graduate students may be full or part-time students (no fewer than 2 courses)
- A student member or Registrant of BCIA (Complete student member application at https://www.bcia.com/members/student-membership )
- Canadian or permanent resident of Canada
- B+ average academic achievement in previous 2 years (minimum of 15 courses) of post-secondary degree studies
All applicants must first be accepted as a Registrant or student member of BCIA before submitting their application. Scholarship recipients may have their photo and essay published in BC Institute of Agrologists promotional materials and social media.
Applications deadline is October 30, 2020. The BCIA Communications working group will review eligible applications based on their essay submission. The scholarships will be awarded by Dec. 15, 2020. Questions may be sent to email@example.com
NOTE: Scholarship applications must include official unopened transcripts and be post-marked no later than October 30, 2020. If a post-secondary institute provides official transcripts in electronic format, please have those emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic transcripts must be received no later than Oct. 30, 2020.
Mail to: Scholarships, BC Institute of Agrologists, 110 - 2800 Bryn Maur Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 3T4