Call for Nominations for Agrologist of the Year 2018
To recognize and pay tribute to an Agrologist who has made a significant contribution to British Columbia agriculture, natural resource and/or environmental science.
A. Nominee must have had full P.Ag. status for at least 5 years.
B. Nominee must be a registered member of the B.C. Institute of Agrologists and be actively practicing Agrology at the time of award selection.
C. Nominee must have made a contribution of noteworthy significance to British Columbia agriculture, natural resource and/or environmental science. The award may be given for a current (within the last 3 years), outstanding achievement or for distinguished achievement (outside the candidates normal work function) over a career. In either case, achievement should be sufficiently meritorious to have resulted in a definite contribution to agriculture, natural resource and/or environmental science in British Columbia.
The nomination should include:
1. Nominating Agrologist, branch, or council.
2. Name of nominee.
3. Date and place of birth (if known).
4. Reason for nomination.
5. Contribution to agriculture, natural resource and /or environmental science plus professional achievements (if known).
6. Service to the profession at branch, provincial and national level.
7. Honors and awards (list honors and awards already held, if known).
8. Supporting letters (minimum of 2 from individuals, professional or industry organizations, up to a maximum of 5)
BCIA office can assist in developing much of the historical data.
Nominations for Agrologist of the Year 2018 should be received by the BCIA office with attention to the Executive Director and Registrar, JP Ellson by January 31, 2019 at 4:00pm at email@example.com.
This award will be presented on May 8, 2019 at the BCIA AGM. Location of the conference is the Westin Bayshore Conference Centre in Vancouver.
BCIA Office Staff