For 2019-2020, the Fish & Wildlife Compensation Program (FWCP) approved approximately $9.2 million for 97 fish and wildlife project across its three regions. Learn more about FWCP projects at www.fwcp.ca.
The Fish & Wildlife Compensation Program (FWCP) funds projects to conserve and enhance fish and wildlife in watersheds impacted by existing BC Hydro dams. The FWCP is now accepting grant applications for fish and wildlife projects in its Coastal and Peace regions.
Grant applications for projects in the FWCP’s Columbia Region will be accepted as of Aug. 21, 2019.
“Our annual intake of grant applications is one way we fund research, hands-on, monitoring, and land securement projects that align with our mission,” says FWCP’s Peace Region Manager, Chelsea Coady.
The FWCP has identified priority actions eligible for funding in its ecosystem and species-based Action Plans. The Action Plans are essential reading for anyone interested in applying for a grant and are available at http://fwcp.ca/apply-for-funding/
Learn more at http://fwcp.ca/apply-for-funding/
Key dates and deadlines:
- If you’re applying for a grant in the FWCP’s Peace Region, the mandatory Notice of Intent is due Monday, September 9th
- Join our free Peace Region grant info session online Aug. 21 at 10 a.m. PDT. RSVP to email@example.com
- Join our free online info session for all regions on Oct. 2 at 10 a.m. PDT. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All grant applications are due Friday, October 25, 2019.
- All grant applicants will be notified if they have been approved for a grant by March 2020.
- Projects may start as early as April 1, 2020.
Notice of Intent due September 9, 2019
All grant applicants in our Peace Region must submit a mandatory Notice of Intent (NOI) by Monday, September 9, 2019. The NOI is an important part of our commitment to First Nations. The NOI helps inform First Nations about your proposed project and allows our Peace Region Manager to provide you with additional guidance before submitting your grant application.
It’s easy to apply for an FWCP grant:
- Review the Peace Region Action Plans, and the Basin Plan at
- Develop a project idea to fulfill an action in any Action Plan(s);
- Login to our online grant management system at fwcp.ca/apply-for-funding
- Follow the instructions to complete an submit your mandatory Notice of Intent by Monday September 9, 2019, 5 p.m. PDT (Peace Region only);
- Start your online grant application: follow all mandatory requirements and submit your complete grant application by Friday, October 25, 2019, 5 p.m. PDT.