Nominations for Mentor of the Year - Kamloops Branch
Each year the host branch for the provincial AGM nominates the Mentor of the Year. This year, Kamloops branch is hosting the 2020 Provincial Conference and AGM. Members of Kamloops branch have the opportunity to nominate a Kamloops branch mentor or past mentor. The nominations can be sent to the BCIA office either at firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com The deadline for nominations is March 15, 2020. The Mentor of the Year will be awarded at the 2020 AGM this year at Sun Peaks outside of Kamloops.
As a member of the Kamloops branch, Articling Agrologists or Professional Agrologists are encouraged to consider nominating a Kamloops branch P.Ag who you think has been an excellent mentor, past or current. The guidelines for this award are posted on the BCIA website under Scholarships and Awards, https://www.bcia.com/about-bcia/awards-and-scholarships
The Guidelines for Nomination document link is below.
- From the region hosting the BCIA Conference & AGM
- Demonstrated commitment to the mentoring program over many years (suggest 5 year minimum)
- Actively engages with his or her mentoree
- Recognized that the mentoring has benefited the mentoree and has not simply been an administrative task
- Promotes the mentoring program and has contributed to its betterment
- Number of mentoring situations, but not at the expense of quality (i.e. not simply a numbers game)
- Part of a broader commitment to the BCIA
The nomination should include:
- Nominating Agrologist, branch.
- Name of nominee.
- Date and place of birth (if known).
- Reason for nomination.
- Contribution to the A.Ag. program
- Service to the profession at branch, provincial and national level.
- Honors and awards (list honors and awards already held, if known).
- Supporting letters (minimum of 2 from individuals)