NOTICE of ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2021
The 2021 Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (“BCIA”) shall take place by way of an online format on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 between 1:00 and 3:00 pm PDT.
As a result of the BCIA AGM being held virtually in May 2020, Council determined that all future AGMs will also be conducted virtually, to allow the opportunity for all registrants to participate in BCIA provincial matters without restrictions due to geographical areas as would occur at an physical event. In accordance with this decision, an annual provincial convention or conference will be held in-person with professional development activities to allow networking and interactions amongst fellow professionals.
The following items are to be noted:
Registration is now open on the BCIA website under EVENTS. Electronic access to the AGM platform including voting instructions, the proposed AGM Agenda, and other information required for the AGM shall be provided to all Registrants in good standing of BCIA by electronic means no later than Tuesday, May 4th, 2021;
- For purposes of location the AGM will be deemed to be held in Langford, British Columbia, the site of the BCIA head office.
- The deadline for receipt of any resolutions considered at the AGM has passed and no resolutions were received;
- May 5-7, 2022, the annual conference will be hosted by the Okanagan Branch (District 2), to be held in Penticton.
In compliance with Bylaw #31 the business conducted at the annual general meeting shall include:
- adoption of minutes of the previous annual general meeting;
- adoption of the audited annual financial statements;
- appointment of auditors;
- receipt of Council election results, if any; and
- any other business specified in the notice of the annual general meeting
CEO, Registrar and Legal Counsel