75 years ago on June 1, 1947 under the Agrologists Act, BCIA’s Bylaws came into effect. As it is today, the role of the Institute is to protect the public interest by governing the professional conduct of its membership and protecting the province's natural resources. Register for the 75th AGM to learn how BCIA is still doing this today.
The 2022 Annual General Meeting of the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists shall take place by way of an online format on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 between 1:00 and 3:00 pm PDT.
At the virtual May 2020 BCIA AGM Council determined that all future AGMs would be conducted virtually, thus allowing all Registrants to participate in BCIA provincial matters without restrictions to geographical areas which may occur if an in-person event was to be held. In accordance with this decision, a provincial convention or conference may be held in-person thus allowing professional development activities to be offered.
The following items are to be noted:
- Registration is now open on the BCIA website under EVENTS. The proposed AGM Agenda, and other information required for the AGM, considered the BCIA AGM Report, shall be provided to all Registrants in good standing of BCIA by electronic means no later than Wednesday, May 18th, 2022. UPDATE: the AGM Report will now be available the week of May 22, 2022.
- Electronic access to the AGM platform including voting instructions will be provided closer to the date;
- For purposes of location the AGM will be deemed to be held in Langford, British Columbia, the site of the BCIA head office.
- The deadline for receipt of any resolutions considered at the AGM has passed and no resolutions were received;
- May 5-7, 2022, the annual conference will be hosted by the Okanagan Branch (District 2), to be held in Penticton.
In compliance with Bylaw #31 the business conducted at the annual general meeting shall include:
(a) adoption of minutes of the previous annual general meeting;
(b) adoption of the audited annual financial statements;
(c) appointment of auditors;
(d) receipt of Council election results, if any; and
(e) any other business specified in the notice of the annual general meeting
JP Ellson CEO/Registrar/Legal Counsel