Notice of Election for BCIA President-Elect
Please be advised that there will be an election for the position of President-Elect for 2017. Nominations closed on December 31, 2016 and two valid nominations were received before the deadline.
The names of the two members nominated for the position are, in alphabetical order:
1. Oana Enick, P.Ag (Nominee bio available here)
2. David Sahlstrom, P.Ag (Nominee bio available here)
*Note that the bios are as provided by the nominee. No photos were provided.
BCIA Council has appointed me, Elisabeth Deom, P.Ag, as the Returning Officer for the election. Council also established the following key dates for the election process.
1. Date to establish the voters list – Friday February 10, 2017
All members in good standing on that date, with the exception of student members, non-practicing and honorary agrologists, shall be eligible to vote.
2. Deemed mailing date for all ballots – Monday February 20, 2017
Ballots will be sent by electronic mail or regular mail on this date. If you would prefer to have your ballot sent by regular mail please advise the BCIA office by February 15, 2017. Please use the contact information below for this.
3. Date and time by which returned ballots must be in the hands of the Returning Officer to be counted – Thursday March 23, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. PDST
You will receive further election information including the names of the nominators and supporters as well as the candidates’ bios and reasons for seeking the position when you receive your ballot. You will be notified of the election results no later than 30 days following the completion of the election on March 23, 2017.
BCIA Bylaw 70 states “The president-elect shall serve for three years, beginning at the close of the annual general meeting in the year of his or her election and ending at the close of the third annual general meeting after his or her year of election, as follows:
- Year one, as president-elect;
- Year two, as president;
- Year three, as immediate past president.”
Elisabeth Deom, P.Ag
BCIA Returning Officer
Email contact: Returningofficeremail@example.com
Phone contact: 250-380-9292 or Toll free: 1-877-855-9291