NOTE: All fees are non-refundable. No PST or GST is applied.
2021 Annual Fee
2022 Annual Fee
Mandatory PDH Requirements
Full Status (PAg/TAg)
30+ PDH/year; 125+ PDH over 3 yrs
30+ PDH/ year; 125+ PDH over 3 yrs
|Retired||$50.00||$50.00||PDH not required|
|Retired 75+||No Fee||No Fee||PDH not required|
|Student||No Fee||No Fee||PDH not required|
|Medical Leave*||$75.00||$75.00||15+ PDH/year|
|Education Leave||$75.00||$75.00||15+ PDH/year|
|Parental Leave*||$75.00||$75.00||15+ PDH/year|
Application Fee: $275.00
- BCIA will waive half of the application fee if a new graduate applies for registration within 180 days (6 months) after official graduation.
Dual/Transfer-In Application Fee: $125.00
Late PD Filing Fee (applied after January 15th): $75.00 See BCIA Bylaws Section 97
Late Fee (applied after February 15th): $150.00 for practicing status; $50.00 for on-leave status
Reinstatement Fee: $150.00 with notice (Resigned in Good Standing); $250.00 without notice (Discontinued)
Articling Extension Fee: $60.00
- Applied to an Articling Registrant's renewal fees to equal PAg or TAg fees if the articling term is extended out 3+ years
Pro-Rated Fees: Full fee to March 31, 3/4 fees up to June 30, 1/2 fees up to September 30, and 1/4 fees to December 31
- Pro-Rated Schedule for Newly Approved Registrants
- Pro-Rated Schedule for Returning to Practicing Status from On Leave
- Articling to Full Professional Status - Differential Fee
Policy on Payment, Removal from Register (Discontinued), and Reinstatement
- Annual fee invoices are available by December 1st for the following year
- After January 15th the Late PD Filing Fee is applied to those without a PD Report for the reporting year
- After February 15th the Late Payment Fee is applied with impending removal from the Register as "Discontinued" if not paid before April 1st
- If fees are not paid prior to April 1st, a letter is sent via email indicating removal from the register and set to "Discontinued". Additional penalties are incurred if reinstatement is requested, and may only be done within three (3) years from the date of leaving
- If reinstating outside the three (3) years as "Discontinued" or "Resigned in Good Standing", former Registrants must reapply under the current standards of the day
Resignation in Good Standing, by submitting the appropriate form prior to the deadline, is strongly encouraged to avoid the additional penalties if reinstating in the future.
Reinstatement Rules: Sections 72 - 78 BCIA Bylaws.
A credit will be calculated if a parental or medical request is submitted mid-year and the year's annual fees have already been paid. The credit will be determined using a combination of the pro-rated yearly fees and the pro-rated Parental Leave or Medical Leave fee. The resulting credit will be applied ONLY to the (pro-rated) fees when returning as a practicing Registrant. Annual renewals while on-leave is permitted for a maximum of three (3) years.
Note that backdating to a pro-rated quarter will not achieve additional credits unless extenuating circumstances are presented; please submit requests within 30 days of the requested effective date.