Registrant Forms and Guides

Online Forms Available to Registrants

Practicing Registrant Requesting a Change of Status

This form is used when a practicing Registrant would like to change their status to an 'On Leave' category or 'Retired' status.  A practicing Registrant can go on leave for a maximum of three (3) years.  A Registrant has three (3) years from the date of resignation to reinstate their registration if they have resigned in 'good standing

After three years, a resigned Registrant must begin the application process as a new Registrant again. If the resigned Registrant has retained active professional status with another provincial regulator, use the 'Transfer Into BCIA or Dual Registration" forms to reapply to BCIA. 

Practicing Registrant Requesting a Change of Status - Online form  

Parental Leave and Medical Leave Policy   

Resignation in Good Standing

Registrants wishing to resign from BCIA must complete the Resignation in GoodStandingg form below. This avoids any additional penalties should you return to BCIA in the future.

As a resigned Registrant, you may make an application to reinstate within three (3) years of the resignation date upon payment of the pro-rated annual registration fee plus a reinstatement fee for the year in which you seek reinstatement.  After three (3) years of the resignation date, you must submit a new application for registration. No refunds or credits are given on annual dues already paid.  All Registrants leaving BCIA will have their name listed under 'Former BCIA Registrants' as per the Professional Governance Act.

Resignation in Good Standing - Online form

Return as a Practicing Registrant From On Leave

This form is used when a Registrant would like to return as an actively practicing Registrant from being on leave. This form may also be used for retired Registrants returning to active practice.

Return as a Practicing Registrant From On Leave - Online form

Request to Reinstate Registration If Resigned in Good Standing or Discontinued

This form is used when a former Registrant would like to reinstate their registration. Reinstatement can only be requested within three (3) years after the date of leaving BCIA.

Request to Reinstate Registration - Online form

If it's been longer than three (3) years since the date of leaving BCIA, either 'Resigned in Good Standing' or 'Discontinued' for non-payment of fees, a new application for registration must be submitted under the current registration requirements.


Status Declaration Form for Retired Status RENEWAL ONLY

The status declaration is submitted annually during the RENEWAL period to maintain registration.  The declaration is submitted online, within the invoice under "Invoices/Receipts" (after log-in) though the hardcopy declaration is available if mailing in payment for your existing registration.

Retired declaration form  (PDF)

If you intend to change your status from practicing or on leave to become a retired Registrant please complete the online request form


Articling Journal and Forms

Section 1-5 Articling Journal including forms


Professional Development Reporting Guidelines and Others

Professional Development Guidelines with Case Study Examples

Areas of Practice 

Enforcement of Compliance with PD Requirements Document (Council Approved)