PAg and TAg Registrants may purchase a professional seal to use in conjunction with their title.
Question: Are professional registrants allowed to have others apply their professional seal for them, with permission?
Answer: The BC Institute of Agrologists is extremely hesitant to allow this method of seal use due to the Professional Governance Act. BCIA has authorized the use of digital signatures and seals via Notarius, which may be a suitable alternative for your needs. Information on ordering digital seals and signatures can be found below.
To order a physical seal: submit your professional seal order online behind the BCIA log-in. It may take 2-3 weeks to receive your order in the mail. Please indicate Rush only if necessary.
ORDER DIGITAL SIGNATURE AND ELECTRONIC SEAL TECHNOLOGY
Registrants who currently have signing and use of seal permission under the Professional Governance Act can digitally sign and apply an electronic version of their seal, together with the date, to their professional documents. BCIA has entered into a partnership agreement with Notarius, a trusted digital signature provider, to provide safe, legally secure and reliable options for digital signatures and seals. This will ensure the author's authenticity and increase the efficacy of documents transfer, especially those requiring multiple professional stamps.
AAg and ATAg registrants may utilize a digital form of their signature only on documents for convenience. The right to use a physical or digital seal is granted after the professional designation is achieved.
SIGN UP FEE: $140.00
ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE: $185.00.
- If a registrant has already subscribed via another organization the set-up fee will be waived and the annual subscription fee will be $75.
- For offices with numerous members, Notarius will negotiate group pricing.
OBTAIN THE DIGITAL SIGNATURE AND ELECTRONIC SEAL TECHNOLOGY:
- Complete the application on the Notarius website and make your payment.
- Prepare for and schedule your identity verification with a Notarius agent.
- An email will be sent to BCIA requesting confirmation of your professional designation and status.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Notarius, enabling you to activate your digital signature and install your Digital Signature Kit.
- You can start using your digital signature and seal. Instructions to download your seal
DIGITAL IMAGE OF THE SEAL (PDF)
BCIA registrants report they are increasingly required to use new technology in their daily work routines. The documents that are produced are still subject to high-reliability requirements. As part of the Digital Signature Kit from Notarius, you will be provided with a complimentary digital image of your seal to use with Notarius' services and is available directly in your Notarius account, to be used in addition to your digital signature.
Information and subscription: http://notarius.com/bcia