The BC Institute of Agrologists recognizes Registrants who have made outstanding contributions to the field of agrology and the organization. The awards are presented at the provincial AGM.
- Agrologist of the Year 2021 was not awarded as no nominations were received by the deadline.
- Mentor of the Year 2021 was awarded to Geoff Hughes-Games, PAg; nominated by Amy Sigsworth, AAg, and Trish Hanuszak, AAg
*Nominations are currently being accepted for Agrologist of the Year 2022 and Mentor of the Year 2022!
Consider a nomination before the March 1 deadline
Agrologist of the Year Award: May be presented to an active Professional Agrologist (PAg) or Technical Agrologist (TAg) who has made a significant contribution to British Columbia's agricultural, natural resources, or environmental science sectors. Past Recipients
Honourary Agrologist: As determined by Council, the Honourary Agrologist award may be presented to any person who has made a substantial contribution to the profession of agrology or the management, use, and conservation of British Columbia's natural resources. Honourary registration is for life or such time as Council may determine.
Distinguished Professional Agrologist: The Distinguished Professional Agrologist award may be presented to an active Professional Agrologist (PAg) for meritorious service to the BCIA over the recipient's career. This award is not active. Past Recipients
BCIA Recognition: May be presented to a BCIA Registrant who has demonstrated exemplary service to BCIA. This award is not active. Past Recipients
Branch Awards for Registrants, Students and Emerging Agrologists
Several BCIA Branches recognize their Registrants, young scientists, and aspiring future agrologists with awards often at Branch AGMs, science fairs, and through the support of local 4-H clubs.
- Cariboo Central Interior Branch: 1.) the New Growth Agrologist of the Year Award and Innovative Agrologist Award annually 2.) $100 potentially to a student at the Pacific Northwest Science Fair 3.) $100 may be awarded at the Central Interior Science Exhibition.
- Peace River Branch may award $100 to a student at the Northern BC Regional Science Fair.
- Okanagan Branch may present the Professional Agrologist Achievement Award, Lifetime Achievement Award, and Farm Family Award annually;
- Kootenay Boundary Branch may present the Green Shoot Award and Willow Tree Award annually.
- Victoria and Islands Branch may present the Branch Recognition Award and may support Vancouver Island Regional Science Fair;
- Fraser Valley Branch annually supports the Fraser Valley 4-H Club.