To support future agrologists to achieve their career in agrology, the BC Institute of Agrologists annually awards up to $1500 in scholarships in each of two categories: graduate and undergraduate, respectively.
2022 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program (online or hybrid) related to agrology at any recognized post-secondary institution;
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two (2) years of an undergraduate degree program and be full-time students;
- Graduate students may be full or part-time students (with no fewer than two (2) courses);
- Be a student member or a Registrant of BCIA ;
- Be Canadian or be a permanent resident of Canada;
- Have B+ average academic achievement in the previous two (2) years with a minimum of 15 courses towards a degree in agrology‐related studies.
Applicants must submit an essay of 750-900 words that answers the following question:
How does Indigenous reconciliation have the potential to strengthen the practice of Agrology? Consider your Practice Area(s) in your answer (not applicable if a student member).
Submissions will be evaluated on idea development, essay presentation, style, staying on topic, and understanding of the profession of agrology.
All applicants must first be accepted as a Registrant or student member of BCIA before submitting their application. Scholarship recipients will have their photos and essay published in the BC Institute of Agrologists' promotional materials, social media, and website.
The application deadline is Monday, October 31, 2022.
The BCIA Communications working group will review eligible applications based on the essay and eligibility criteria and will provide Council with their recommendations. Scholarships will be awarded by December 15, 2022. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications can be mailed to the address below or emailed to email@example.com with official transcripts to be sent by the post-secondary institution directly to the BCIA office by October 31, 2022. E-transcripts are accepted.
Scholarships: BC Institute of Agrologists, 110-2800 Bryn Maur Rd, Victoria, BC, V9B 3T4