Applications for the 2022 BCIA Scholarships are being accepted until Monday, October 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM.
To support future agrologists to achieve their career in agrology, the BC Institute of Agrologists annually awards up to $1500 in scholarships in each of two categories: graduate and undergraduate, respectively.
Do you know a student attending a post-secondary agrology-related program?
2022 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program related to agrology at any recognized post-secondary institution;
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two (2) years of an undergraduate degree program and be full-time students;
- Graduate students may be full or part-time students (with no fewer than two (2) courses);
- Be a student member or Registrant of BCIA;
- Be Canadian or be a permanent resident of Canada;
- Have B+ average academic achievement in the previous two (2) years with a minimum of 15 courses towards post-secondary degree studies.
Applicants must submit an essay of 750-900 words that answers the following question:
How does Indigenous reconciliation have the potential to strengthen the practice of Agrology? Consider your areas of practice in your answer (not applicable if a student member)
Submissions will be evaluated on idea development, essay presentation, style, staying on topic, and understanding of the profession of agrology.