VOI Training Group Presents:
Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects is an environmental management practice that is implemented on many construction and development projects in Canada. Hundreds of companies provide environmental monitoring services. Thousands of individuals work as Environmental Monitors. Project proponents, construction contractors, regulators and project stakeholders request, require, employ and work with Environmental Monitors.
Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects Practitioner (EMCPP™) explores this complex but often misunderstood environmental management discipline. It is often viewed as a junior or career-starting employment position. This course makes the case that Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects is a challenging occupation requiring broad environmental and construction knowledge and a diverse mix of technical and communication skills.
The primary purpose of EMCPP™ is to define a method of Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects professional practice that is consistent, relevant, defensible, unambiguous and meets the expectations of project stakeholders for environmental monitoring.
Topics explored in this 3-day course include:
- Defining Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects.
- Roles and duties of the Environmental Monitor.
- Authority of the Environmental Monitor.
- Roles of other stakeholders in construction projects including proponents, contractors and regulators.
- Differentiating between Environmental Monitors, Environmental Inspectors, and Environmental Supervisors.
- Comparing the roles and expectations of Environmental Monitors against other Environmental Professionals.
- Construction project administration - who is responsible for what?
- Relevance of construction contracts to Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects.
- Environmental Monitor skill and knowledge training:
- Erosion and sediment control.
- Site restoration.
- Inwater construction practices and procedures.
- Water quality monitoring.
- Engineering fundamentals.
- Environmental management plans and construction environmental management plans and their importance and relevance to the Environmental Monitor and other stakeholders.
- Principles of effective Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects practice.
The course combines lectures with in-sessionexercises. Most importantly, the course promotes open dialogue among participants to explore the complexity and nuance associated with Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects.
Environmental Monitoring for Construction Projects Practitioner (EMCPP™) has been presented to thousands of course participants across Canada. It is "the" recognized training course in Canada for Environmental Monitors and those project stakeholders who request, require or work alongside Environmental Monitors.