2024 Annual Registration Fee Renewal Process
Log-in to your profile and view the 2024 invoice under 'Invoices & Receipts'. Complete the applicable green action button(s) to view the Pay Now button.
BCIA Registrants must renew their registration AND finalize 2023 PD report including Practice Area(s) by the deadline of January 15, 2024. The due date is changed from February 15th to January 15th, to be aligned with the PD filing fee deadline.
Best practices for BCIA registration renewal are:
- Submit notification of any status change ASAP, i.e., change to or from "On Leave" status.
- Verify your current employer and work contact information; at least one contact detail must be entered and will be viewable to the public, per OSPG directives relating to the Professional Governance Act.
- Ensure all other contact information is accurate, including the primary account email address under 'Account Settings'.
- Reference the PD Guidelines and the Enforcement of Compliance documents.
- Enter all 2023 professional development (PD) activities in the BCIA profile by January 15, 2024, or a $75.00 late filing fee will apply (Board Approved).
- Check that required annual and three-year reporting period PD hour minimums are met (if not, be prepared to submit a PD learning plan)
- Declare your 2023 Practice Area(s).
- Expect a renewal declaration before payment of annual fees.
- Office staff cannot process a payment by phone, email, or mail until all pre-payment requirements are completed online, including the 2023 PD Report.
- Registration cards are now self-generated; download under Invoices/Receipts after payment in the BCIA account.
Do you have questions about the renewal process? See the Annual Fees FAQs.
Tips for Navigating the BCIA Website
As a BCIA Registrant, once you sign in to your account, you will have access to the following:
- Registrant Resources Library: The Registrant Library includes information specific to BCIA Registrants, including links to the Orientation to BCIA and Professional Negligence webinars, how-to training videos about the Registrant profile, Professional Seal Orders, Branch Resources, and much more. This resource library is searchable by topic or keyword.
- "How to" Registrant Training Videos: These videos will take Registrants through the various sections of the Registrant profile. Located under Registrant Resources Library. A Step by step PDF for each section is also available.
- Registrant Profiles – New Employment Section: The Employment section under the Registrant Profile is a separate link and is fully editable. Under the regulations of the PGA, all Registrants must declare their employer or employment and at least ONE employment contact. These must be viewable to the public. With the transfer of information from the previous website to the new website, all Registrants are encouraged to review their employment information and make any corrections as required.
- New Practice Areas Reporting Section: As of September 1, 2022, BCIA implemented new practice areas. Practice Areas now appear under the My Links of the Registrant profile. All Registrants must declare one or more Practice Areas for the reporting year.
- Event Registrations and PD Reports: Event registrations on the new website that are attended, the details, and PDH can be ported over to the PD Report by using a green button, 'BCIA Event Confirmation Entry.' Note that any registrations listed on the old website in 2023 did not transfer over to the new website September 2023; staff has access to this information, so if these details are needed, contact the BCIA office.